Lash Extension Aftercare
Now that you have these gorgeous lashes we know you're going to want to take care of them so they stay as beautiful as possible for as long as possible.
We completely understand how longevity is important to our clients as you spend your hard earned money on these extensions - so firstly we want you to know that we are on your side with this :)
However, it is 100% expected that your eyelash extensions fall out as part of your natural lash cycle. Just as you would need to get your manicure redone or filled as your nails grow, you can expect the same with your eyelash extensions. Remember: growth is good. This is a sign that you are healthy, your hormones are in check, and that overall your lashes are doing well. So though it may be a little bitter sweet, know that the falling out of grown lashes is okay, and that your dedicated team at Lovely Lashes Galway will work with you to get your lashes back in to a lovely state during your fill appointment.
There are some tips and tricks we've curated over the years for our clients, and we're more than happy to share them with you here!
- Don’t get your lashes wet for 24 hours. Avoid working out as well as pools, hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms for that time.
- Avoid getting oily cleansers, creams and even hair conditioner on or around your eyes.
- Gently wash your lashes daily with an oil-free and silicone-free cleanser.
- Avoid cotton! Use clean fingers, or micro-tipped swabs, or clean makeup sponges/brushes.
- Wait until your lashes are dry to brush them. Using a hair dryer on a cool setting can help set them in place.
- Brush your lashes once or twice a day. Not too much!
- Avoid itching, pulling, rubbing or sleeping on your lashes.
- Use only water-based makeup.
- Don’t use mascara. You won’t need it! Mascara, especially waterproof mascara, will break down the bond of the glue and cause your lashes to shed sooner.
- Do not use an eyelash curler.
- Avoid extreme heat. Open flames, ovens, and even your hair dryer can singe or distort your lashes.
- Your extensions shed naturally with your lashes’ growth cycle. We recommend coming in every 2-3 weeks for fills to maintain fullness and to avoid a full set charge.
- If you need your lashes removed, please see a your technician and do not attempt to remove them yourself.
We hope you loved our tips and tricks - stay tuned for weekly updates in content, contests, and much more.
As always, Stay Lovely